Pronunciation:

pee-sta-chee-o's

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Introduction

There is always some event or action in everyone's personal life that can make you stop for a moment and just laugh out loud. It seems that in my life, and in my family's, there are a lot of those moments. Fortunately, they keep you light-hearted and can even crack a smile in a stressful time. This blog is going to be based upon those moments.

Why "My Pistachios"? Let me explain:
My little family and my sister's little family were spending the weekend at my grandmother's home. We were all in the kitchen helping my grandmother prepare dinner for us after we had arrived there late one evening. I noticed sitting on the counter a couple of tins, which I assumed were filled with different kinds of treats and nuts for the grandkids. One of the tins kept bothering me, though. I frequently glanced out of the corner of my eye, trying to figure out what may be in it. In big black letters across the top of it read: PISTACHIOS. I kept wondering to myself, pee-sta-chee-o's? What could that possibly be? Finally I came to the conclusion that these pee-sta-chee-o's must be some kind of Mexican candy. Feeling satisfied with my discovery I turned to my grandmother and sister and said, "What are pistachios? (pee-sta-chee-0's) Some kind of Mexican candy?" Well, needless to say everyone had a good laugh, and continues to, at my folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment